Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropbox, Aperture and RAW.

I discontinued Dropbox and now Aperture is unable to read my refrenced Fujifilm RAW files from 2006. What can I do?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:49 AM

7 replies

Jul 13, 2014 10:01 AM in response to daglocka

Please explain, what Dropbox has to do with your original referenced RAW files. Did you relocate your referenced files into your Dropbox folder?

Restore the originals from your most recent backup, that includes your Dropbox folder and use the command "File > Locate Referenced Files" to reconnect your image versions to the restored originals.

See this section of the Aperture User Manual, the paragraph "Reconnecting Missing or Offline Referenced Images":

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=5%26sec tion=16

Jul 13, 2014 10:09 AM in response to léonie

Thank you for taking the time to answer. All my pictures reside in a file structure. Before this file structure was in a Dropbox folder. At that time the my RAW files came up as pictures in Aperture. I decided to discontinue Dropbox. The files reside in the same file structure and all pictures work just as before except the RAW files where Aperture gives the error message Unsupported Image format.

Jul 13, 2014 10:14 AM in response to daglocka

All my pictures reside in a file structure.

Then point Aperture to these folders using the command "File > Locate Referenced Files" from the main menu bar.

"Reconnecting Missing or Offline Referenced Images":

http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=5%26sec tion=16

To reconnect an offline referenced image

1. Reconnect the hard disk holding the referenced image’s master, or otherwise locate or make the file available to Aperture for reconnecting.
  2. Select the project that contains the offline image you want to reconnect, or select the offline image in the Browser.
  3. Choose File > Locate Referenced Files.
  4. If necessary, click the Show Reconnect Options button.
  5. At the top of the dialog, select the file path for the master that you want to reconnect.A thumbnail of the image and some identifying metadata appear User uploaded file
  6. In the bottom half of the dialog, navigate to the location of the referenced image’s master on the hard disk and select the master.You can follow the file path listed for a selected image in the top of the dialog.When you select the file, a thumbnail of the image and metadata appear, allowing you to compare them to the thumbnail and metadata in the upper part of the dialog to make sure you’ve selected the correct file.
  7. Click Reconnect to reconnect a specific image, or click Reconnect All to reconnect all selected images.

Jul 13, 2014 10:22 AM in response to léonie

Thank you again. All my JPG files are read perfectly by Aperture, but the RAW files Aperture is unable to read. It seems to me that when the RAW files present in a Dropbox folder is read by the Dropbox driver.

I guess Aperture should understand this format. Maybe I can solve the problem by importing the files into Aperture.

Dropbox, Aperture and RAW.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.