Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since OS 7.1.2 Update...iPad Air Battery dead by morning

I spent most of yesterday searching for solutions to my problem, and even tried a few things. However, when I went to bed last night, my iPad air was fully charged at 100%. I unplugged it and looked at the Usage data before putting it to sleep. Then this morning, I turned it on, only to see the Apple logo and then 1% charge left! I then looked at the usage data again before plugging it in to charge.

Here is the usage data last night at 100%, before unplugging it and putting it to sleep:

8 min

8 min

And usage data this morning at 1% before plugging it back in:

5 hrs 58 min

5 hrs 58 min

This appears to have started after I made the OS 7.1.2 update. I've also noticed the problem on my iphone 5 as well...but possibly not to this extent.

What gives here? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm about ready to do a complete wipe out of everything and start over as if it was new! But...it's an iPad Air and I shouldn't have to do that...in my opinion.

For anyone wondering what I tried yesterday...this is what I did:

1. Checked usage, then put into sleep mode and checked it 5 minutes later. According to the "test", it does indicate a battery draining problem.

2. Attempted to turn off "refresh background"...only to find I had already done that a long time ago.

3. Turned off email push notifications and switched to "fetch" every hour.

4. Turned off battery percentage

Any help is appreciated! Apple...where is support for this issue?

Thanks

Laurie

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:36 AM

There are no replies.

Since OS 7.1.2 Update...iPad Air Battery dead by morning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.