Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access files on internal hard drive

My Macbook Pro didn't boot so, after I spoke to one of the Apple advisors, I reinstalled the Mavericks on an external HD I had.

i Was advised that I will be able to access the files on my internal Hd and be able to copy all and saved them before reinstalling the whole computer/internal hd.

I did what I was told, and after booting my computer through Mavericks which is on external hd I didn't manage to access the files.

I went to recovery HD to check in disc utility whether my internal HD is still there and it is. And I can see the information about the HD, number of files and etc...

does anyone have any idea how to access these files and copy them and save the HD somehow?

make an image of Hd or something?

I Made a Genius appointment on 19th and I really need the computer...

help.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:54 AM

Choose Computer from the Finder's Go menu.

If the drive appears, drag or clone the files off.

If it doesn't, use the Disk Utility to mount or repair it.

If the Disk Utility can't do either, use a product such as DiskWarrior or a data recovery tool on it.

(109381)

5 replies

Jul 14, 2014 7:54 AM in response to Niel

I had some issues with permissions but I managed to sort it out.

IM moving files separately, not Hd in whole..

.Moved the desktop first to try if it works and it did.

now Im moving the whole Home folder...

IM hoping I wont have a problem moving the applications..?... my whole Adobe is it and I need it..

SHall I use the Migration assistant later after reinstalling the internal drive...?

Thank you so much!

How to access files on internal hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.