Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my daughter somehow got my Ipad2 locked. It has a voice guidance mode activated. The password screen shows no effect when I punch in my password. Any suggestions???

My IPad2 is locked. When I go to login screen it has a voice guidance mode activated which verbalise what buttons I am touching. Punching in my password has no effect. I have rebooted the device a couple of times with no effect. Please assisst. Thanks

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 10:09 AM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2014 11:03 AM in response to flightcrew

You have VoiceOver turned on.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4064

If VoiceOver is on and you want to turn it off from the device instead of from iTunes, remember that a double-tap acts like a single tap and you need to use three fingers to scroll when VoiceOver is on:

Press Home.

Tap Settings. Then double-tap Settings.

Tap General. Then double-tap General.

Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility.

Tap Accessibility. Then double-tap Accessibility.

Tap VoiceOver. Then double-tap VoiceOver.

Tap "On" next to VoiceOver. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.

Jul 13, 2014 12:14 PM in response to flightcrew

Enter passcode

1. Turn on iPad

2. Tap "Slide to open" once and double-tap "Slide to open" again

3. Passcode Screen

4. Tap the first code once and double-tap code again

5. Tap the second code once and double-tap code again

6. Tap the third code once and double-tap code again

7. Tap the fourth code once and double-tap code again

8. Home Screen

Jul 13, 2014 12:15 PM in response to flightcrew

Turn off VoiceOver

1. Press the Home button

2. Tap Settings.

3. Then double-tap Settings.

4. Tap General.

5. Then double-tap General.

6. Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility

7. Tap Accessibility.

8. Then double-tap Accessibility

9. Tap VoiceOver

10. Then double-tap VoiceOver.

11. Tap "On" next to VoiceOver

12. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.

Jul 13, 2014 12:35 PM in response to flightcrew

The actual PIN may depend on why your device is locked!

Has she locked in iClouds via 'Find my …'?

If that is the case the PIN is set on the control panel in iCloud - turn that off on iCloud.com & reboot the device, hopefully it can get an internet connection to change it's locked state.

You could try triple clicking the home button - that is an accessibility shortcut that can enable things like voiceover.

It could also be locked because she changed the PIN, check it's correct according to her 🙂

my daughter somehow got my Ipad2 locked. It has a voice guidance mode activated. The password screen shows no effect when I punch in my password. Any suggestions???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.