Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did a folder in my shared stream go?

I took some pics last week, placed them in the shared folder, and deleted them from the camera roll and photo stream (I know...big mistake). However, I tried a few pics in the shared stream and then deleted and the pics were still in the shared stream, so I thought it would be ok. For the past 5 days, they have been accessible through the shared stream with no problem. Then two days ago, icloud asks me to log in and all my folders are gone. The next morning, my folders come back except for one of the folders--the most recent one.

Is there any way to retrieve that folder?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:14 AM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 11:19 AM in response to catski00316

Photos added to a shared stream will remain in iCloud indefinitely until you delete them (although one thing to be aware of is that they will be a lower resolution than your originals in the camera roll. If you don't see them, try going to Settings>iCloud>Photos, turn off Photo Sharing, then turn it back on. Your shared streams should then redownload back to your device.

If you want to keep the full resolution photos, in the future import them to your computer before deleting them from your camera roll (see iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.