Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any one help me meta trader 4 download and install my ibook g4 10.4.11

any one help me download and install meta trader my ibook 10.4.11 i try for this pls help me i an tired for this

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:40 AM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 11:32 PM in response to shahidasubo

Though I am not familiar with MetaTrader 4, I do know it would require a virtualization

application to run Windows in a Mac, (such as Virtual PC for Mac) & a copy of Windows

appropriate for both the correct version of PC virtualization, and both versions of the

Virtual PC (or equivalent) and Windows that could run in the computer you have...

Within the hardware limitations, and the system limitations of co-sharing the virtual PC

software, windows, and MetaTrader4 together.

From what I've read, most users have a later model Intel-based Mac computer, with at

least a core2duo cpu, and 4GB+ RAM or more, so the virtual system and OS X can both

work; plus a additional resources for the application to run on top of this.

I'd tend to believe you will not have a good day or any kind of fair results running the

MetaTrader4 application on a Mac capable of running Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger, as it

would be slow. And you will have to buy a copy of Virtual PC for Mac that could run

under Tiger OS X 10.4.11, and a version of Windows that can run with both the above.

Here is a discussion forum link from a MetaTrader thread; appears the Intel-based Mac

with extra RAM, virtual PC software, with Windows installed too, running on Tiger 10.4.11

could be a low-end marginal access point to use the MetaTrader, made for Windows PC.

This discussion is from 2007 to 2008, and so the results even if the software were to function

may vary now from what they found then, not just on the Mac side, but on the Windows PC

side of all this. http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/3228

Another discussion about virtual PC and metatrader4

http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/395

Some show they ran windows XP, some with Parallels in a Core2Duo Intel-Mac, some

used BootCamp to set up the partition in the Mac HDD so windows could be installed;

so that is another world from an older iBook G4 (PowerPC-Mac) that has a single core

PPC processor & limited hardware, a marginal situation for Mac OS X by itself, at times.

I cannot recommend running MetaTrader4 on an iBook G4 under Tiger 10.4.11, with

Virtual PC for Mac, so a Windows OS can be used. I doubt the configuration can do it.

However I am not an expert in this matter, but I do have several older PPC pre-intel Macs

and know they have/had limitations, especially when one hopes to run Windows on them

via a Virtualization setup. IT would be super SLOW!

If you had an Intel-based Mac running at least OS X 10.6.8 & enough RAM, etc there is

this retail product: http://www.xm.com/metatrader-mac that I just read about...

Good luck in this matter...! 😐

any one help me meta trader 4 download and install my ibook g4 10.4.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.