Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fan: macbook pro retina (mid 2012).

Hi everybody,

I have a Macbook PRO Retina (mid 2012).

I use my Mac generally for mail and internet, but I usually use it to work. When I work, the Mac overheats too (also when I see a video on youtube). The keyboard overheats too as also the display. Also the fan is very noisy.

My question is: this behavior is normal??

Do you have had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 10:43 AM

6 replies

Jul 19, 2014 10:05 AM in response to alchi

Okay, so you can clearly see here that firefox is causing this issue you're having. A plugin from Firefox is eating the most CPU, then following firefox. So basically firefox in general.

What are you exactly doing on firefox when this issue is occurring? try using safari doing exactly what you are doing, is it still heating up?

Also next time, please include more of the activity monitor, such as the bottom part which shows the entire CPU percentage idle, how much being used my user, etc.

Jul 19, 2014 10:23 AM in response to alchi

No problem!

Yes, I used to be the same position as you but instead I used Chrome. I learnt that Chrome isn't well made for Mac's. It's too CPU hungry.

Now, I don't think firefox has any sort of problem like that though.

You need to provide more info on that plugin you're using in Firefox. That plugin may be causing it.

You also mentioned you watched a lot of videos. Now I'd recommend use HTML5 to watch your videos. Its much more efficient then using flash player.

Now its easy to switch to HTML5 on YouTube, if it's one of your video streaming sites you use.

Safari should not have this problem, but then again I can't be for sure. That's why use safari as you'd normally use firefox, then update with more logs from activity monitor.

Fan: macbook pro retina (mid 2012).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.