Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My content library is grayed out in the top menu and does not appear in the sidebar. Cannot use.

I am using iMovie 10.0.3 on OS 10.9.3. Many features are grayed out. My whole content library being the most important. I can't even do any transitions.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2014 7:27 AM

My iMovie's (10.0.5) "content library" is greyed out as well in the menu bar. It does not even show up in the side bar. The content library is still there in iMovie 9. I recently updated Mac OS to Mavericks and iMovie updated itself. I am using an iMac (post 2007). I have tried a few things but to no avail yet. I closed iMovie 10, started iMovie 9, let it re-establish stuff, closed iMovie 9, found iMovieUpdated (not exact wording) files in Finder under User:Movies folder, deleted them, then restarted iMovie 10. I was hoping it would somehow reset itself, but no. I then trashed iMovie 10, logged out and back in, and updated back to iMovie 10 through the App Store: Purchases. No luck. I fixed permissions - no luck. Also, I am attempting to access the "content library" while in a project (not an event), since that is where I would expect it to show up and be useful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2014 7:27 AM in response to Dave8450

My iMovie's (10.0.5) "content library" is greyed out as well in the menu bar. It does not even show up in the side bar. The content library is still there in iMovie 9. I recently updated Mac OS to Mavericks and iMovie updated itself. I am using an iMac (post 2007). I have tried a few things but to no avail yet. I closed iMovie 10, started iMovie 9, let it re-establish stuff, closed iMovie 9, found iMovieUpdated (not exact wording) files in Finder under User:Movies folder, deleted them, then restarted iMovie 10. I was hoping it would somehow reset itself, but no. I then trashed iMovie 10, logged out and back in, and updated back to iMovie 10 through the App Store: Purchases. No luck. I fixed permissions - no luck. Also, I am attempting to access the "content library" while in a project (not an event), since that is where I would expect it to show up and be useful.

My content library is grayed out in the top menu and does not appear in the sidebar. Cannot use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.