Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant empty trash error 8003

Cabt empty trash error code 8003

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:14 AM

Hard to help without any useful information.

From Apple's guidelines for posting:

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

• Include your product name and specs such as processor speed, memory, and storage capacity. Please do not include your Serial Number, IMEI, MEID, or other personal information.
  • Provide the version numbers of your operating system and relevant applications, for example "iOS 6.0.3" or "iPhoto 9.1.2".
  • Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it.

Once we have that information, we can got you moved to a more active and appropriate forum. This forum is for repoerting isuues using the Apple Support Communiutires and gets few visitors. Believe me, you do not want people guessing what kind of equipment you have.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 11:14 AM in response to jeffreyfrombuffalo grove

Hard to help without any useful information.

From Apple's guidelines for posting:

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

• Include your product name and specs such as processor speed, memory, and storage capacity. Please do not include your Serial Number, IMEI, MEID, or other personal information.
  • Provide the version numbers of your operating system and relevant applications, for example "iOS 6.0.3" or "iPhoto 9.1.2".
  • Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it.

Once we have that information, we can got you moved to a more active and appropriate forum. This forum is for repoerting isuues using the Apple Support Communiutires and gets few visitors. Believe me, you do not want people guessing what kind of equipment you have.

Jul 13, 2014 12:33 PM in response to jeffreyfrombuffalo grove

jeffrey...............

Allan Jones is right, we don't have enough info from you to help specifically, but... "-8003" gives us clue that it may be OS X..

I get Trash errors on my Mac running OS X from time to time as well, but not the -8003.

Trash Empty errors in OS X are almost always related to an "Ownership & Permissions" issue.

The first thing to try is "Secure Empty Trash" from the Finder's [Finder] menu. May help but maybe not.

If not, then looking at "Get Info" of the file or files in the Trash may help us proceed.

Do so and take a WindowGrab of the file(s) Get Info window(s) and put them in t your reply

One of mine all folded up looks like this

User uploaded file

CCC

cant empty trash error 8003

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.