Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe RGB (1998)

Aperture seems to have changed all my pic profiles to Adobe RGB (1998) and I know no reason why. Can anyone help?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:58 AM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 5:58 PM in response to Scott Loeffler

Raw files actually do not have a color space. A raw file is just a collection of data and not an image in the traditional sense, it is not an image until it is converted by the software either in the camera (if shooting JPG) or on the computer.

The EXIF entry makes no difference with a raw file, Aperture fills it in but it would be more correct if it was left blank. You do not need to worry about color space until you export the image from Aperture and then you would set it to what you need for your workflow.

If you search for somehting like color space raw files on the web you'll find more detailed information concernig thisbut the answer is basically the same, raw files do not have a color space.

regards

Jul 13, 2014 6:43 PM in response to Scott Loeffler

Hi Scott

When I do a smartAlbum for EXIF Color Space and Color Model I can find images in Srgb and CMYK But nothing in Adobe98. Most of my converted raw files are Adobe98. Years ago I wanted to use a smart Album for finding images in certain space or Model be was never happy with the results so I stopped looking. I know this dosn't answer you question but maybe the conversation can be kept alive. Kinda think this was a forgotten bug. Prabaly has to do with Exif Data and IPTC data but either way would of love it to work better. Cheers

Adobe RGB (1998)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.