Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone asks for wrong login details

Hi I was living in Australia (from Canada), my sister visited and gave me her iPod and iTunes details so I could use it on my laptop. I have since moved to Canada (still using my Aus laptop), purchased an iPhone here and it synced to her account on my computer. I have my own details on my phone but when I download apps or try to update them, it asks me for her old details. I have tried going into my Settings and entering my own ID but it doesn't help. I'm getting really frustrated and am hoping someone out there can help me. I have logged into her account through iTunes on my laptop and removed all devices in the Cloud, then signed out and signed in with my own details. The problem still persists. Please, please help!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:08 AM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2014 11:13 AM in response to JillyVanilly

Is it possible that you have applications and/or music on your iPhone that were purchased/downloaded by your sister? Applications and music are permanently linked to the Apple ID that was used to purchase/download them. If that is the case, it will always look for that Apple ID for updates. Your only recourse would be to delete the applications/music that was downloaded by her Apple ID and purchase them yourself if you want them again.

iPhone asks for wrong login details

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.