Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just wanna buy a new iOS device and I'm confused between the iPod touch 5th generation, iPhone 4s 8GB, iPad 4th generation 16GB and iPad mini with the retina display 16GB model. Please help me figure out.

I have an iPhone 4s 16GB Model and I've been using it for about more than an year now. The reason I wanna get a new iOS device is because my 4s has got lots of scratches now and it's ambient light sensor seems not to work properly. Apparently, another reason is that the iLife and iWork suit are not free for me as my device is older and new devices get those softwares for free.

I thought to go with a new iPhone 4s again but the problem is that new 4s come with only 8GB of storage and they don't support AirDrop. So next, I thought to go with an iPod touch 5th gen because of its jaw-dropping design, bigger screen, more storage and AirDrop support. Because iPod touch is phone-less iPhone and they come at affordable price, I can also buy any cheap cell phone like moto e to replace my current iPhone 4S.

Another options that I thought a little bit on, is iPad 4th Gen and iPad mini with Retina display 16GB.

Now, should I just stick with my current 16GB iPhone 4s, or get a new one.

Or should I buy an iPod touch 5th gen and moto e (since iPod can't make phone calls)

Or should I go with one of the two iPad models that I aforementioned.

Awaiting your valuable suggestions.

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:45 AM

There are no replies.

I just wanna buy a new iOS device and I'm confused between the iPod touch 5th generation, iPhone 4s 8GB, iPad 4th generation 16GB and iPad mini with the retina display 16GB model. Please help me figure out.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.