Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

question about the update of os x yosemite

When os x Yosemite comes out do we need to update to it or can we keep it on the software it is on now? The reason for me asking is because the design and look is 100 percent more professional than Yosemite and Yosemite makes the imac value less. Would it slow down my computer if I didn't update and could I not update it? I know steve would have heavily disagreed to this version as well as consumers.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:06 PM

7 replies

Jul 13, 2014 1:09 PM in response to BatmanBeyond

No one can answer your question completely as it would be speculating (and we aren't allowed to do that; neither are we allowed to discuss a not a publicly released OS).

So, one part of the answer is: No, you do not have to upgrade. As long as yours does what you need it to do. However, if you do not, at some point, your apps/software would no longer be supported not could it be updated any further and there also won't be any security updates at some point.

question about the update of os x yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.