Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on mac freezes when any iOS device connected

Hey all,

So, have been battling with this for 6 months now and is seriously getting to me. I installed an iOS 7 upgrade on my itouch 5g about 6 months ago (7.1 I think it was), and ever since whenever I connect my iTouch (or any iOS device) with iTunes open it completely clogs up my computer. I'm able to force quit iTunes after a bit of foot tapping, but I'm basically never able to put new music on my iTouch. I've also followed every step on the help file given here: 'iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch' - the only issue is at the end where it says 'If the issue does not occur with a new blank iTunes library, quit iTunes and switch back to the original library as follows...', it DOES NOT give you instructions for ' If the issue STILL DOES occur with a new blank iTunes library...', Which is the exact problem I have.

It's bizarre, as it's fine on another user on my mac, but on my primary user, regardless of library, it still makes my laptop freeze. Have wiped and restored by iTouch, but that didn't do anything. In the mean time have put my iTunes Media in a shared folder so it can be accessed from the other account, but it's still a massive pain having to change users to update, and having to import songs across to the new library. Help on this would be massively appreciated!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 11:52 AM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 3:43 PM in response to danson92

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Trash. Relaunch the application and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

iTunes on mac freezes when any iOS device connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.