Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some songs on my iPod have "duplicates" that I want to get rid of. I need help getting rid of them.

So I just got my iPod touch 5th gen yesterday and with the new iTunes and ios, it's all really stupid and confusing. Just as I thought I was satisfied with the music on my iPod, I find out that some songs have two versions.

I downloadable songs from both my account and my brother's account. I read the message that I can't do the whole download of past purchases for 90 days and went on since it didn't really seem to effect anything on my 4th gen. Now I have 800+ songs on my iPod and I guess Apple decided to get rid of being able to delete songs right from the device. So I delete all the songs from my iPod, go into iTunes on my computer, sign into my brother's account, and download the songs from there that I wanted. Now I have about 300-400 songs downloaded on my computer in iTunes. I sync all the music to my iPod and now I think I'm satisfied. But when I go to some of the artists, it has one song that's ok to play and then it has the same song that can't be played with the cloud button next to how long the song is.

It's not a big deal, but it really bothers me. How can I get rid of the one that has the cloud next to it. Thanks for the help!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:22 PM

The Cloud by the song indicates that is is an iTunes purchase but it is not downloaded on the iPod. If you only want download iTunes purchases to show in the Music app go to Settings>itunes and pp Store and turn off Show aLL.

2 replies

Some songs on my iPod have "duplicates" that I want to get rid of. I need help getting rid of them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.