Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS OFFICE 2011 FOLDER EMPTY

Where did my MS office 2011 go? For whatever reason, my MS office 2011 folder is empty therefore ALL of my MS office 2011 documents are now opening in textedit!! It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out!!! What I do know is it was last working 2 days ago and now it is not…WTH!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 12:10 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 12:23 PM in response to jblocker

Do you have backups? If so, you can revert to a backup that had the Office suite in place and intact. If not then the only thing that I can suggest is to completely reinstall Office.

What I find odd is that your "Microsoft Office 2011" folder is still intact (in your Applications filer, I'm assuming) yet the Office apps aren't in that folder. Is there anything in the folder? There should, at least, be a folder simply named "Office" there...

Clinton

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS Mavericks 10.9.4, 16GB Crucial RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, 27” Apple Thunderbolt Display

MS OFFICE 2011 FOLDER EMPTY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.