Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching Contacts on my iPad with my new iPhone

How can I get my Contacts to my iPhone? I've backed up my iPad to the Cloud (I think) but can't seem to figure out how to Restore the Contacts to my iPhone.

PS: Is there a way to see aht is in the cloud to make sure my Contacts are there?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:04 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 1:18 PM in response to jmacinti

Contacts are not stored in the iCloud backup because they already exist in iCloud. Yes, you can see your contacts in iCloud, but you should do it using a browser on a computer and log into your iCloud.com account. You can click on the Contacts app in there to see them, edit them, etc. This can be done on an iPad but not by using Safari. You have to use a browser like iCab Mobile or Mercury, that will identify as a desktop browser. I find the results to be iffy however when I log in using one of those browsers on the iPad.

The whole idea is that you do not need to log not your iCloud.com account on an iOS device, because all of your iCloud data appears in the corresponding apps on the iPad. If you want to see what contacts are in iCloud.com - open the contacts app and look in there. If you want to see you Pages documents that are in iCloud - open Pages on the iPad and look at them in there. Whatever is on the iPad is what is in iCloud and whatever is in iCloud is already on the iPad!

On both devices, go to Settings>iCloud>Contacts>On. Make sure that iCloud is turned on as well in the settings.

More information. I can see on the iPhone that I've got data backed up from the iPad but still can't see where there is a button or icon to let me download it or part of it to the iPhone.

Where can you see data that you have backed up from the iPad? You don't actually have to initiate anything to download from the phone to the iPad. When iCloud is configured correctly, the devices are kept in sync automatically without any user input at all.

Synching Contacts on my iPad with my new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.