Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to install adobe flashplayer 14

I got a message that said "plugins blocked" and i need to install an up to date flashplayer. So I tried to install it and installation gets to about 40-50% and then stops. I tried deleting it and using flashplayer 13 but that won't work. I tried with safari and firefox. The button "allow pluggins" is ticked in preferences. I also tried deleting and restarting my computer. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:10 PM

5 replies

Jul 14, 2014 11:50 AM in response to WZZZ

Wuzz The os is 10.6.8. I tried the download from both links about but get the same message "the download is 52% complete" and then it fails.

Eric Root, i uninstalled and tried to install again and the same thing happended. Flashplayer only parttially downloaded.

A Brody- no I never downloaded Click2fLASH.

So bottom line- I still can't downloaded flashplayer and cluess as to why.

thanks everyone for trying to help

Jul 14, 2014 12:32 PM in response to gligeen

I am aware of a similar problem with an earlier version of Flash from not that long ago, but I thought that had been sorted out. Here's what I would try now that you have the DMG installer. Boot into Safe Boot: Shift down as soon as you hear the startup chime, from a restart or full shutdown. Maybe for this try doing a full shutdown. Then try running the installer. Give Safe Boot much longer to boot than a usual bootup.

You also have to be sure that all browsers are closed.

unable to install adobe flashplayer 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.