Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will setting up an iCloud e-mail address for Notes change my Apple ID

I am looking to synch Notes on my Mac, iPad and iPhone and apparently need to create a separate e-mail address for iCloud just for Notes. I currently use my Apple ID to log into my iCloud account and since this is an AOL e-mail address cannot be used for Notes. I am concerned that this additional e-mail address will somehow become the default for more than just Notes and cause me problems. Can someone provide some insight?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 2:28 PM

In order to sync notes with iCloud you have to create an iCloud email account because it uses the email IMAP service to sync notes. You don't have to actually use the email account for email but it does have to be created in order to sync notes. You can just create the @icloud.com address and forget about it. After it's created, go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Mail section) and make sure your AOL account is still selected as your default. (If it isn't, tap it to select it). It won't cause any other problems.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 2:28 PM in response to mgs929

In order to sync notes with iCloud you have to create an iCloud email account because it uses the email IMAP service to sync notes. You don't have to actually use the email account for email but it does have to be created in order to sync notes. You can just create the @icloud.com address and forget about it. After it's created, go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Mail section) and make sure your AOL account is still selected as your default. (If it isn't, tap it to select it). It won't cause any other problems.

Will setting up an iCloud e-mail address for Notes change my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.