Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my audiobooks not showing up in my iTunes library?

Hello there, I hope someone can help. I have recently purchased hundreds of dollars of Audiobooks through iTunes to play on my iPhone, iPad or even computer. They were showing up in my Music app library under the more tap, but they wouldn't play. So I thought I would connect my phone to iTunes on my MacMini and perform a sync thinking that maybe my iPhone had been deauthorized at some point. So I did and now the audiobooks are gone. They don't show up on my computer in my iTunes library. They don't show up under my "Purchased" part of iTunes store where you can download things previously purchased but not on a certain devise. They are gone. I have no idea what to do. I don't even remember what all I had on there but I want them back. I paid for them. What do I do? How do I find them? How can get them back if they really aren't in my library anymore? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 12:21 AM

Audiobooks are a one-time only download from the store, they won't show in the Purchased links for redownloading. If they don't show in the Books (Audiobooks if your Mac has Mavericks on it) part of your Mac's iTunes library, and you hadn't copied them to your backup of your downloads/library, then if they are still in your country's store the you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will grant you a redownload : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 12:21 AM in response to fouse

Audiobooks are a one-time only download from the store, they won't show in the Purchased links for redownloading. If they don't show in the Books (Audiobooks if your Mac has Mavericks on it) part of your Mac's iTunes library, and you hadn't copied them to your backup of your downloads/library, then if they are still in your country's store the you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they will grant you a redownload : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page

Jul 14, 2014 5:57 AM in response to King_Penguin

No kidding, huh? I had no idea. I didn't ever back them up because I figured they were backed up in my Time Machine and/or that I would be able to get them again from iTunes if push ever came to shove. Guess I should read the fine print. I do have Mavericks and I can't help but think these were lost somehow in the upgrade because I haven't had any issues in the past. I have switched iPhones and Mac computers, everything transferred over fine. It has something to do with either iPhone 5S or Mavericks because this is the first iPhone that the audiobooks wouldn't play on. And now they aren't even showing up on my computer. Beats me. It looks like it I need to pay the $19 to call iTunes then. I went to that page yesterday as well but thought I would try here before I paid that fee. Well, thanks for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question and give me that information.

Jul 18, 2014 9:25 AM in response to King_Penguin

I am not sure what I was doing last time but it was taking me to a call page where they wanted $19 to answer my questions. I followed your link again this morning and it gave me a chat option. I took that chat option, it was free, and they were able to restore my purchases getting the audiobooks back into my iTunes Library and ready to listen to. Thanks King_Penguin! I appreciate it. One of those books was a $27 unabridged version that I hadn't even listened to yet. All is well that ends well and I certainly appreciate your reply and willingness to help me.

Why are my audiobooks not showing up in my iTunes library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.