Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't chose "Drummer" for a new track, and make/record my own beats on that track?

Title says it all

Recording is disabled when I have a "drummer" track. Not when I have a regular midi/instrument track and chose same drumkit

How to get around this?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:00 PM

If I understand you correctly, you don't record on a Drummer track.

Right click/control click in the Drummer lane, then click "Create Drummer Region" or "Populate With Drummer Regions"

5 replies

Jul 13, 2014 4:33 PM in response to Mow.gli

"Drummer" tracks are Logic generated and therefore different than Software Instrument tracks.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1648/en_US/logic_pro_x_user_guide.p df pg52 pg365

If you want to use an electronic drum set or pads or a Midi keyboard to play/trigger and record some of Logics drums,

create a Software Instrument track and add an instance of Drum Machine or Drum Kit Designer from the Library or add Drum kit Designer, an EXS24 drum kit

or an instance of Ultrabeat to the "Instrument" slot.

From there you can "play" the drums or pencil them in, in the Piano Roll or Step Editor. You can also program Ultrabeat patterns and drag them onto the Arrange.

There are just so many ways to get drums into a song. The level of control you have is up to you and your knowledge of Logic.

Take your time and work through the Manual and you'll knowledgeable in no time, well, pretty soon...

Jul 14, 2014 1:03 AM in response to Mow.gli

Drummer – Great for initial drum work / realistic grooves.

I then make a standard midi / software instrument track below the drummer track and drag down or copy / paste the drummer regions where they are visualised as straight midi.

So basically I use drummer to get an initial realistic feel, then edit as I would have in the standard matrix editor.

I can't chose "Drummer" for a new track, and make/record my own beats on that track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.