Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 movies bought on itunes store cannot be found

Hello,

First of all, would you kind enough tto excuse my bad Engloish, I'm ,in Paris, france.

I m using a desktop pc HP, windows 8.1, 64 bits.

I bought 22 movies on Itunes store as well as music.

I called Apple France to have an explanation to sychronise my music on mu Ipod Shuffle. They helped me a lot and I have no problem with music

nevertherless, concerning movies, also bought and dowloaded( 22 movies), at the beginning I jad no problem to ,read them but :

Another day, i called Apple France again because it took too lo,n,g, to dowloaded the movies and I wanted to optimize mApple on my pc. Theyntold me they nhad problems and couldn't ansxwer within 2 days. So, I got lost completely when I tried to watch one and a window opened and said that the movie couldn't be located and if I wanterd to ,know where it was located.

I tried with other movies, because I was afraid to loose anything and they still were on the library.But no way!

13 were not located and the same window openes each time I tried; At the end 13 of my films disappeared.

Do you know how to solve this. They are bought, downloaded and suddenly 13 of them ,were ??? in the air or somewhere on the pc.

Then I tried everything to get them back and to be able to watch them. I downloaded Icloud, another version, of itunes (which was the same) I updated each time they asked me to.

Now, when I talk to them on the phone : no answer which could help me.

Desesperately need help.

Best regards,

Valérie Poe BRILLANT

<Email Edited by Host>

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 2:15 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 3:19 PM in response to PoeSertie

First there is no need for five threads on the same topic. You can bump the original if it has fallen off the front page of threads without any attention. The relevant forum for this topic is iTunes for Windows, not some of the others you have posted to. Don't include your email address in your posts. I have asked the hosts to remove it.

Whether or not you live in a region where repeat downloads are allowed you should always make your own independent backups of your media. The copyright holders may exercise their rights to remove content from the store at any time, after which you cannot download a fresh copy. Strictly speaking iTunes contracts to deliver one copy of the purchase to you. If you lose it thereafter it isn't necessarily their concern which may be part of the reason you have having trouble using their telephone support service.

Have you tried looking inside the media folder for where the content ought to be? Or searching the entire computer for one of the lost titles? If you select a "missing" item and press CTRL+I, say no when asked to locate it, and then look on the summary tab where does iTunes say the file should be?

According to iTunes in the Cloud, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio availability France is one of the countries where Movies can be download again, provided they are still on sale in the store. If iTunes has a broken entry for a particular file it still assumes you have it and therefore won't offer to let you download it from the Cloud. With iTunes closed backup your iTunes Library.itl file from your iTunes folder so you could restore it if needed, then delete one of the broken entries from the library. Close iTunes again, then reopen. Go to iTunes Store > Quick Links > Purchased > Movies > Not on this computer. Your movie should be there. Download it. Backup your entire library to another drive. Delete the other broken entries and download fresh copies. Update your backup, Update it again after each purchase or addition to your library.

tt2

13 movies bought on itunes store cannot be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.