Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Dell won't let me download iTunes.

I have the iTunes64 start-up saved, but when I go to reinstall it (it was once on my laptop, but mid-way through an update stopped working and I had to uninstall and have been unsuccessfully trying to reinstall iTunes for the past 6 months) -- anyways..when I go to reinstall it, it says "due to errors incurred downloading, iTunes cannot be installed"

it's been very frustrating, and I'm nervous what might happen if I try to sync my iPhone with the laptop that doesn't seem to recognize iTunes anymore.

Any help at all is very much appreciated.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:36 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 4:35 PM in response to KnightRail

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

My Dell won't let me download iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.