Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

spontaneous uninitiated password change?

One second, I log into my iPad and all is well. Set it beside me. A few minutes later I pick it up and enter passcode and doesn't work. Have rebooted, tried everything - my passcode will not work. Was never out of my site. How is this possible? (Not jailbroken I might add). Not locatable from findmyiphone. Preventatively changed my apple id password just in-case. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:51 PM

It's just a bad luck, fluke occurrence, I have seen a few other people report similar behavior on their iPads. Unfortunately, you will most likely have to restore the iPad unless another fluke good luck occurrence takes place.

You have probably seen this already, if you have been researching the issue on the web, but just in case, the steps that you need to go through to unlock the iPad are in here.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

Just to make sure that I understand you correctly, you did try this when you mentioned rebooting?

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 4:51 PM in response to srhtew6hew465

It's just a bad luck, fluke occurrence, I have seen a few other people report similar behavior on their iPads. Unfortunately, you will most likely have to restore the iPad unless another fluke good luck occurrence takes place.

You have probably seen this already, if you have been researching the issue on the web, but just in case, the steps that you need to go through to unlock the iPad are in here.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

Just to make sure that I understand you correctly, you did try this when you mentioned rebooting?

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

spontaneous uninitiated password change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.