Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the order of songs on an album in iTunes?

In my iTunes library, there are songs that are numbered correctly on the album I purchased from iTunes, but they are not in correct numerical order. I purchased two of the songs beforehand and bought the rest by clicking "complete my album." The album now starts with song number eleven, the plays in its correct order, skipping the eleventh song. How can I fix this so all the songs are in their proper order?

Note - I would like to be able to do this so it is correct in my library. I am aware that I can create a playlist and put them in whatever order I choose. That is not what I would like to do.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 5:06 PM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 5:18 PM in response to Griffin Morita

To expand on what TuringTest said…

Select a track in the album, Get info on it (right click or use the File menu).

In the dialog that appears check that the track is numbered correctly in the 'Info' tab. Also check the track has the total number of tracks set appropriately too.

When viewing the songs in a playlist change the album sort order by clicking the album column heading, that should cause them to run in the recorded order.

It also helps if albums have the same Album, Album artist, Artist etc in the 'Sorting' tab. I find it's easiest to select all the tracks & set the sorting values in one go - just be aware that editing multiple items is a bit risky 🙂, only change fields that should be the same on every track.

How do I change the order of songs on an album in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.