Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Apple Loops Logic Pro X

Hello All,

I have recently installed Logic Pro X and have selected Logic Pro X > Download Additional Content and selected everything, downloaded it and installed as can be seen below:

User uploaded file

However as can be seen in the lower right there are still some Apple Loops that are missing and when I click them it gives me the option to download. Is there anyway to download all of these loops?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:35 PM

Click on the Disclosure Triangles next to the categories in the Additional Content Download Dialog Window to reveal what you are missing and haven't downloaded fully yet...

Example: The loops in your screenshot that are missing are all part of the Jam Pack Rhythm Section set... so click the triangle next to Legacy and Compatibility and then the one next to Jam Pack Rhythm Section to confirm it actually got completely downloaded...

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 4:35 PM in response to JAHall1989

Click on the Disclosure Triangles next to the categories in the Additional Content Download Dialog Window to reveal what you are missing and haven't downloaded fully yet...

Example: The loops in your screenshot that are missing are all part of the Jam Pack Rhythm Section set... so click the triangle next to Legacy and Compatibility and then the one next to Jam Pack Rhythm Section to confirm it actually got completely downloaded...

May 14, 2015 7:20 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Any idea what's going on here? No Apple Loops showing, this is a clean install of Logic 10 on new Mac, all content downloaded successfully, Apple Loops folder in Root / Library / Audio showing as 4.41GB, Apple loops list is empty. Reindexing loops has no effect, nor does a permissions reset or forced Spotlight reindex.

Tried trashing Loops index files followed by a reindex in the Loop browser too and no luck

MAC OS 10.10.3

Logic 10.1.1

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

May 14, 2015 7:36 AM in response to RynoSongs

Given you have done everything I would have tried, already... with the exception of trashing Logic's prefs, which you didn't mention....

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro X back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro
  2. In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  4. Press the Go button.
  5. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you've programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You might want to export your custom key commands before performing this step.
  6. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder. (Note this is the control surface settings file. You may need to set up your control surfaces again after deleting this)
  7. Restart the computer.

Note: If you cannot find any of the files listed, you did not follow the instructions exactly as written! 🙂

I would call Apple directly and have them take a look/see via Remote Desktop.. exactly whats going on with your Mac... as it would seem you do have some kind of system corruption/deep permissions issue, plist problem.. or some other weird problem/conflict going on with your system, somewhere.

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Dec 3, 2015 8:20 AM in response to JAHall1989

Wow, this has been an adventure to say the least! I used Logic almost daily and all the sudden, my loops were gone, after purchasing some new ones and I was so excited to try them, but could not load them, all the Apple Loops, everything gone! I read every post and then some twice, trying everything and nothing worked but the one suggestion of someone saying open a new log in account and start from scratch. That worked, including my new loops that I had purchased.

Woke up this morning wondering how I can fix this, if I can get it to work in one place, I should be able to get it to work in others.

So here is what I did for those of you that are still having issues with this.

Go into the Preferences and copy all the preferences that have something to do with Logic, first delete the ones that are there, because obviously they aain't working!, Then under Application Support/Logic/ put the database file in there and that did the trick for me.

I did notice something in the Application Support, maybe this was the problem all along. There was no file in that folder and the folder had Alias as the name.

So, I"m good to go and I hope that helps anyone still not up and running.

Wow, I used to really like using my Mac, but lately it seems all I do is try and figure out why it's acting crazy all the time. It seems all the problems started when I first upgraded to Mavericks. Wish I never had, but Logic 10 required it.

Best of luck everyone and thanks for being there for each other!

Feb 9, 2016 12:20 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi there,

I have the latest version of Logic Pro X and I noticed that I am missing quite few loops from the library. I have followed the steps above and looked further into previous comments but nothing has actually changed. For some reason I do not have the option of 'Additional content' when I click on 'Logic Pro X'. My biggest concern, as I am studying a music production degree at University, is that I have hundreds of 'Sound effects' missing from the loop library such as explosions, breathing or a dog barking... How do I get those back?

Thank you for your time,

Olivia

Missing Apple Loops Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.