Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Battery Health of MacBook Pro

Greetings!
I have had my MacBook Pro (late 2011) for about 2.5 years. Just recently, my battery has shown and said service battery. Now i don't know a lot about mAh life and technical stuff so I needed a little help. I downloaded a battery checker app (Battery Health). But I can't tell if my battery or laptop is in danger of dying. I did some research about Service Battery but I just need to clarify if my battery is okay or not. Now from the Battery Health app, I took a screenshot of the info that I was given (note that my laptop was not fully charged and was at 60% of battery). Is there a problem, thank you for your time!User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:17 PM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2014 5:44 PM in response to Kyoukai

You don't need an app. Everything you need to know about your Mac's battery can be found in  (Apple menu) > About This Mac > More Info > System Report > Power.

Or, option - click the Mac's battery icon.

If it says "service battery" then do that. Have Apple replace it. Cost is $129 + tax. 17" models are $179. Their price includes installation and a one year warranty in the US.

Read: https://www.apple.com/batteries/replacements.html

My Battery Health of MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.