Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In a mess, now Cannot See external disk on desktop

I purchased an external 2Big 4TB drive which has two physical 2TB drives in it. I got it all set up and fine then went in to disk utility and the options for formatting were not there and other choices were greyed out no matter if I selected the drive in Disk Utility menu to the right, or the drive that was under 'nested' with the same name. I made an error by trying to create a drive by choosing the '+' sign which created another drive in the Utility window, but then when I deleted it it deleted the whole drive and now it will not come back, even after restarting. I've created a bigger mess than the one I was in in the first place.

Can someone please help me get the drive back and then to get to where I can choose the option to JBOD or just a bunch of drives so I can see the two individual drives and use them as two 2TB drives.

TIA,

Ken

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:19 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 8:31 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Yes, It is Sunday so the HDD manufacturer's support is home and not at work. They have support on regular business hours. I left a message on the voice system and also tried to contact by email, but I'm sure their email help is also enjoy the Sunday off and answers on regular business hours.

I was thinking that my problem is more with the Mac software 'Disk Utility' and my inability to understand how to accomplish what I wanted to do. Since I believe Disk Utility is an Apple software that comes with the Mac I was hoping that someone could help me on the Apple forums.

In a mess, now Cannot See external disk on desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.