Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4k monitor help needed.

HI, I have an unusual problem, I recently got a 2008 Mac Pro 3.1, I installed ssd drives, lots of ram, etc, it's a plane this thing, but I also changed the graphics card, an ATI 5770 and it has Display port as well as 2 DVI ports, I been looking in my area for a 2560x resolution monitor and I can't find one, but I found a Samsung 4k monitor, but since here is almost $1000 US I don't want to make the mistake of buying this and lots of money for not supporting at least the 2560x as resolution. Does anybody know if this 4k monitor will support the max resolution of my card or will it only be 1080? II'm not a gamer, only edit pics and video. Anyone know if it will help? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Jul 17, 2014 9:52 AM in response to lllaass

The answer was a bit fuzzy for me, I don't need 4k just needed 2560xX and wanted to know if a 4k monitor will give me a lower resolution,but a lot of people complaint about this 4k monitors and that was a bit turn off. I did found an LG 29 ultrawide monitor with the resolution I need and bought it, I use it mainly for Final Cut Pro X and it seemed nice for the timeline size. thanks again for your answer it did help me!

4k monitor help needed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.