Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone and charger need to be in some exact positions to charge. HELP!

Hello!

Product: iPhone 5 ,16GB

Okay so i received my iphone on may 2013 (1 year and 2 months ago).

The problem i'm having is that my charger from apple (the long one) broke like 2 months ago and recently it started giving me some problems . Since it broke a little i taped it, and it worked perfectly until like 1 week ago. I have to place my iphone and charger in some positions for it to work, and since its broken i have to try to straighten the part were the cord meets the lightning and then move it a little. since it was so much trouble, i started using a cable from mophie and it did the same thing. I then found another cable that fits perfectly (doesn't move on the inside) and used another usb power adapter but i still want to know if my iphone has a problem or if its the cables or usb power adapter.

Also 1 week ago when i connected my iPhone 5 to my mac book pro with the long lightning to usb cable, it wouldn't charge it and the screen of my mac said that i had to disconnect the usb cable from it because the device required a lot of power (refering to the iphone).

I went to a local apple distributor and asked for information and the worker told me that it could also have happened that the outlet damaged both of my cables. I'm now scared and don't know what to do, i'm currently using another cable ,usb power adapter and outlet but i still want to know if there's a problem with my iphone or just a coincidence with both of my cables.

Please help me, i would really appreciate

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:59 PM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 4:32 PM in response to lalachahin

There is probably a loose connection in the lightning connector at the end of the cable, so it can make or break a connection depending on its position. Also, if you have any dirt in the connector on the phone that can interfere with the connection. Try cleaning it with a wood or plastic toothpick.

The cable is quite complex; there are actually 3 microcircuits (or would that be nanocircuits) in that tiny connector.

You can also try taking the cable and phone to an Apple store; they may replace the cable for free, and, if not, they are not that expensive. And if the problem is the phone you will at least know. That Make a genius bar appointment first.

My iphone and charger need to be in some exact positions to charge. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.