Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad won't synch after restore

I have noticed that the only way to address my wifi issues on my iPad, is to do a reset of all settings and then restore from a backup through iTunes. So when I tried to do that last time, the first part, the restore of the iPad works fine, but after automatIc restart, when iTunes is supposed to put all the media and apps back on my iPad, iTunes doesn't recognize my iPad as a restored one, and instead says welcome to your new iPad again.

All software is updated, I have tried multiple times, restarted my computer etc. Very frustrating since now I have an iPad without all my apps and media, and which iTunes won't recognize.

Anyone have any tips? Thx.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 5:00 PM in response to FlyingDutchmanInTheNewWorld

Even though iTunes is saying welcome to your new iPad, if all of your apps and other media are in your iTunes library, it shouldn't matter if it treats it like a new device or not. You will still be syncing your own content back to the iPad if you sync with iTunes. If the restore from the backup went OK, then all of your app data has been restored to the iPad as well.

However, you mention that iTunes doesn't recognize the iPad. How is that possible if you are getting this message about welcome to the new iPad? You couldn't see that message if iTunes wasn't seeing your iPad.

Jul 13, 2014 6:06 PM in response to Demo

Thanks,

so hat so what is happening is that after the initial restore and restart, it should start synching and putting all apps and media on there. However, in this case, that second part doesn't happen, iTunes still says 'welcome to your new iPad'. When I click restore from backup that second time, same thing happens, it does a restore in about 10 mins, but then never synchs. When I unplug it, it has all my settings but just the 'basic/apple' apps (mail, safari, messages). When I plug it back in, it treads it like a new iPad, and want to restore from a backup.

I feel a little bit like the movie 'Groundhog Day', stuck in the same circle. I have done many iPhone or iPad restore but never had this problem.

ipad won't synch after restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.