Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i fix my brightness on my iPad 2? The screen is extremely dark.

I dropped my iPad 2 on the hard wood floor and the screen went almost completely dark, however I could faintly see what was still on the screen. Naturally i thought it was a brightness issue so i tried with all my eye power to see and adjust the brightness and it didn't work. I did this multiple times and still unsuccessful. Do you think maybe there was a chip that may have been knocked out of place. Please help.😟😕The screen must not stay dark forever!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 6:06 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 6:46 PM in response to abclili123

it is possible that the jar of the drop may have knocked something loose. The 'guts' of an iPad is just chips and boards.

To turn up the brightness, Go to Settings

wallpapers and brightness and slide the slider up

Another thing you can try - and this may fix or may finish breaking it - lay the iPad screen down on your lap and give the back a good whack or two. If the fall has jarred something loose, sometimes another one can knock things back into place.

It is an 'at your own risk' thing to do, because it could very well make it worse.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.