Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac is running very slowly. Suggestions?

My iMac (2009, 2.66 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo; 4GB) is running more slowly every day. I have an app called Memory Clean that shows the amount of memory, which fluctuates all the way from around 2GB down to 50MB sometimes. I'm wondering if I need to add more memory. If that's the case, what's the best way to do that-- DIY or take it to the Apple Store (I have one locally). Thanks!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 5:51 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 6:14 PM in response to lorifromknoxville

Please describe the problem in as much relevant detail as possible. The better your description, the better the chance of a solution.

For example, if the computer is slow, which specific actions are slow? Is it slow all the time, or only sometimes? When did it start to be slow? Did you change anything just before it started? Have you seen any alerts or error messages? Have you done anything to try to fix it? Most importantly, do you have a current backup of all data? If the answer to the last question is "no," back up now. Ask if you need guidance. Do nothing else until you have a backup.

My iMac is running very slowly. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.