Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limiter and compressor suddenly not working

Logic Studio 9 Version 2.1.3

Macbook Pro 2011 2.5 GHz 8GB ram 750GB 7200RPM HDD

Mavericks 10.9.4

MOTU 896 via Firewire

I had this problem before on my old MBP but I thought it was because it was somehow hardware related. Now with a new laptop and new OS It is still occurring.

When I start Logic studio I will sometimes be able to assign a compressor or limiter to a track and have it work while live recording. Other times when i start a new project or open a previously started one, the compressor/limiter and even sometimes other effects on the audio tracks with not function unless it is playing back. If speaking into a mic with the track armed the limiter and compressor gain reduction indicators do not function. The track dBA meter shows clipping where there should be limiting at -.5dBA not clipping! When I play back the limiters and compressors function as usual, but not during armed listening, and recording. Ive tried restarting the computer/Logic, reinstalling Logic, removing the effect and replacing it, muting/removing other effects on the track. I am at a loss. I'm just starting to utilize my home studio, and, after using ProTools for many years at work, I am confused at why my plugins are acting this way randomly. I'm sure it has to be some hidden setting I'm missing.

Michael P

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 5:04 PM

There are no replies.

Limiter and compressor suddenly not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.