Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change iCloud account without deleting pictures on iPhone 5?

My email address I used when I made my iCloud account no longer works so I want to change it to my new e-mail. I don't want to lose all of my pictures, contacts, etc.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:55 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 5:05 PM in response to mklobassa22

If you're concerned you can import your camera roll photos to your computer before starting as explained here: iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer. Then turn off Find My iDevice on your device(s), then update your existing iCloud ID with your new email address as explained here: Change your Apple ID. After changing your ID, save your photo stream photos to your camera roll, then go to Settings>iCloud, then tap Delete Account (your data will still be in iCloud) and choose Keep on My iDevice when prompted. Then sign back in with your changed ID and make sure Find My iDevice is enabled again. Your iCloud data will download back to your device.

How do I change iCloud account without deleting pictures on iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.