Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 7-year-old iMac died. I don't plan to replace it. It is backed up to Crashplan. Is it possible to restore my iPhoto library to the cloud, i.e. iCloud or Dropbox, so that I can access the photos as needed from my iPad or iPhone?

My 7-year-old iMac died. I don't plan to replace it. It is backed up to Crashplan. Is it possible to restore my iPhoto library to the cloud, i.e. iCloud or Dropbox, so that I can access the photos as needed from my iPad or iPhone?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 5:45 PM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 6:20 PM in response to Julie PE

Probably not - but that certainly does not involve iPhoto for the Mac - you need to look at Crashplan support for you options

And iCloud is not a place to store photos so that is certainly not a possibility

If you restore your masters folder out of the iPhoto library you will have all of your original photos to do with what you please

LN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.