Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

160gb ipod classic won't display album artwork...sometimes

I have a 160GB iPod Classic (version 2.0.4 PC), and ran into a strange problem regarding displaying album artwork. Here's what I can describe:

--> When browsing through albums, any albums that have been added to my iPod or had their info changed since a certain time (not sure of the exact date but I believe it to be July 2013) do not display artwork.

--> If these albums are played, one song from the album will not display artwork, but all the rest will. I can't detect any set pattern as to which song won't display artwork once I update it, but I'm sure there's some pattern.

--> All the album artwork is displayed on Cover Flow and on iTunes, but not in these places.

--> It doesn't matter whether I downloaded the artwork directly through iTunes (i.e. clicked "Get Album Artwork") or put in artwork from a file on my computer, this happens literally every single time.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 5:18 PM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2014 1:06 PM in response to 256Pi

Probably, the easiest way to resolve this is to copy the artwork from one song on an album and paste it into every song on that album.

In your iTunes Library, choose an album that has artwork issues; choose one track that has the artwork and copy it. Then:

• the slightly longer method is to check each song individually, until you find the one with the missing artwork. Paste (the copy previously made) from one of the other tracks on the album.
  • a slightly quicker method is to highlight all the songs on that album (make sure it is just that one album) and paste the artwork into the box.
  • Sync the iPod with your iTunes Library.

Jul 16, 2014 11:19 AM in response to the fiend

I've tried all these things. The thing is, I've had this problem for almost a full year now, and album artwork will disappear in the manner I described even if I do something as simple as change the title of an album, even if said album displayed that artwork before.

I suspect the problem might be with the actual iPod.

160gb ipod classic won't display album artwork...sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.