Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iPad Air Smart Cover lose it's magnetism?

Weirdest thing happened last week. I have an iPad Air 32GB Cellular since about the first month they were released. I have been using a Poetic thin shell cover on the back and an Apple Smart Cover on the front since I purchased the Air.

Last week (around Wednesday) the magnets stopped working. If I were to hold the iPad Air facing down, the Smart Cover would just dangle. I even removed the back thin shell cover thinking it was interfering. Same thing though, the cover just dangled. It was this way for several days. I even had to turn off the ability to sleep/wake the iPad using the cover because it would click on and off over and over again as I was carrying it. (Which to me would say the magnetism was not lost but became less, really weird.)

Today (Sunday) it just started working again. How is that possible? I can't find anything on the net saying this happens. How can the Smart Cover just lose it's magnetism and get it back after about 5 days?

Thank you for any insight you can offer.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 5:58 PM

1 reply

Does the iPad Air Smart Cover lose it's magnetism?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.