Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tiny bit of tea spilled on my MacBook Air

ok I was at a coffee shop and I took a sip of my full tea and accidentally spilled about 2 teaspoons of it on my macbook. I have a plastic cover over the whole thing including the keyboard. Most of the tea spilt on to the keyboard and some got in between where the keyboard and screen meets. I wiped it down quickly with a napkin because everything was really on my plastic cover I really thought it would be fine. It was such a small amount. I continued to use my computer just fine for another 30 minutes, shut it, packed it up and went home. When I got home I noticed that a small amount of water had gotten in between my case and the computer on both the top and bottom. I think it leaked through when it got in the middle. I'm talking a small small amount. Anyway, my computer then wouldn't power on and when I plugged it in no green light came up. I know it's not good to try and power it on or charge it but I didn't even know it wasn't going to work because it was just working for a good amount of time after I spilt it. I now have it soaking in rice. It's such a small amount do you guys think the rice will fix it based on what happened? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 7:18 PM

1 reply

Tiny bit of tea spilled on my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.