Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An unauthorized person has gained access to your Apple account

Folks; does any one get this message. supposedly from APPLE?

I appreciate your feedback; the whole message is below:

"An unauthorized person has gained access to

your Apple account"

Hello ,

Recently, there is activity in your account that Apple seems unusual compared to your normal activities

We are concerned that someone is using your Apple account without your knowledge.

What should I do ?

Please follow the link.
We may ask you to confirm the information you provided when you created your account to make sure that you are the holder

cordially,
Apple

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:26 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2014 5:36 AM in response to barjesfromtn

A good thing to bear in mind, Apple will never initiate contact with you. The user needs to do something first to get e-mails. The only Apple initiated mail I've ever received was a notification of a class action lawsuit I could have been eligible to participate in. And that contained no links as I recall.

This is along the line of the daily e-mails I get from yahoo support (in its various forms) insisting that I need to verify my info of they'll shut down my account.

An unauthorized person has gained access to your Apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.