Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get my ipod to sync even though there is enough space but alerts continue pop up to tell me there is not enough space

How do i get my ipod(touch) to sync even though there is enough space, yet the lacking and incomptant itunes continues to tell me there is no space on my ipod for my music to download. Now i can not get anything else on my ipod. I have windows 8 and itunes 11.3

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:06 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2014 1:29 PM in response to dcfrapio

I'm fairly certain that if iTunes says there isn't enough room on the iPod to Sync everything you are trying to put on it, then there isn't enough room. It has nothing to do with presumed incompetency of iTunes.

If your iTunes does not show the total size of your Library in the bottom bar on iTunes, use the CTRL and the / keys to turn it on. What does the GB figure say, and what is the capacity of your iPod?

User uploaded file

Note that this figure only shows the total music in your Library. If you also have pictures, videos and Podcasts on your iPod, you will need to account for the space they use as well.

In the end - follow the wise words of roaminggnome.

How to get my ipod to sync even though there is enough space but alerts continue pop up to tell me there is not enough space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.