Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently got a new iphone 5s and accidentally backed it up with my old iphone. I lost all my pictures. Is there anyway for me to get my pictures back?

I had previously had an iphone5 but it got stolen and I just got the iphone5s. I had previously backed up my old iphone to my itunes, and didnt have time to restore it to my new phone. I had taken pictures with my new iphone and when i connected it to my laptop i changed the setting to backup with icloud and it deleted all my current pictures and things and replaced them with what was on my old phone. Is there anyway I can undo this and get my pictures back?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Almost certainly you lost the previous iPhone 5S photos. But just in case you might have saved them ...

On your iPhone 5S, check Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and find the time (if any) that you made an iCloud backup. If you made one before you deleted the iPhone 5S' photos, they are on iCloud. If that's the case, you can retrieve them by doing Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and then restoring that iCloud backup to the iPhone. Of course, you would then lose the iPhone 5's photos from the iPhone 5S.

It's extremely unlikely you performed this iCloud backup at the right time, but it's your only chance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 9:58 PM in response to jesssvilll

Almost certainly you lost the previous iPhone 5S photos. But just in case you might have saved them ...

On your iPhone 5S, check Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and find the time (if any) that you made an iCloud backup. If you made one before you deleted the iPhone 5S' photos, they are on iCloud. If that's the case, you can retrieve them by doing Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and then restoring that iCloud backup to the iPhone. Of course, you would then lose the iPhone 5's photos from the iPhone 5S.

It's extremely unlikely you performed this iCloud backup at the right time, but it's your only chance.

I recently got a new iphone 5s and accidentally backed it up with my old iphone. I lost all my pictures. Is there anyway for me to get my pictures back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.