Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth & Logic X problems

Greetings all,

i have a frustrating problem that I can't seem to find any support for. I have a late 2013 iMac 3.5 running current logic x. I recently purchased bluetooth headphones (AKG K845BT) for the purpose of freeing myself up during tracking sessions. I figured this wouldn't prove to make any issues for m. Because its 2014, and bluetooth has been integrated into Mac for a decade now.

MY challenge is this, when I select the audio interface to handle the inputs, and the BT headphones as the output destination, I lose all input. I double check that the proper I/O's are chosen, and still no luck.

I've vie played around with aggregate, but haven't really came up with a fix.

Any assistance or guesses on this problem would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:42 PM

6 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:14 PM in response to Mr. Murdermittens

Just a guess......

Input and output have to have some kind of digital sync so they are locked to each other, from what you describe the Bluetooth audio device doesn't use a standard digital audio clock and the Input Device can't find a digital clock to lock with. By Lock I mean sampling frequency. 44.1, 48, 96kHz...etc. You should be using 44.1 or 48 with Bluetooth, at least those have the best chance of working. Bluetooth is not a high resolution protocol.

What audio interface are you using?

Try creating an Aggregate device using the internal audio. Make the Built-in-audio Input the master the Bluetooth device slave and set the BT device to resample.

Jul 14, 2014 11:34 AM in response to Mr. Murdermittens

Mr. Murdermittens wrote:

Thanks for the reply Pancenter. I am using a M-Audio Mtrack Quad.....and I am slowly regretting the purchase. I will try your Aggregate suggestion and let you know if that fixes it.

Ok, but don't use built-in audio, use the M-Track as the master.

Although.... it may be worth a try to include the Built-in audio as well.

Unfortunately, Bluetooth is not that good at real-time integration so there may be some lag as well.

Bluetooth & Logic X problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.