Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help, I've lost my pics of my precious kids :(

I was told that if I deleted all my pics from my camera roll (iphone 4s) that my pics would automaticly be backed up to my photo stream, therefore leaving me more storage on my phone. I was advised by apple to do this, so I'm hoping there is a way to get these back. I'm so scared I've lost them would someone please help me. I do have a lap top that I can connect my phone to, if that would help 😟

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:48 PM

7 replies

Jul 13, 2014 8:53 PM in response to Twinni

Are they on your Photo Stream? Who is it that you spoke to? What, exactly, did they tell you? Can you provide a little more information about how your device is set up - do you have iCloud with Photo Stream turned on? Are you doing regular backups of your device, or have you ever done backups?

Neither your Camera Roll nor Photo Stream are "safe" places to store photos that are precious to you. You should always be importing them to your computer.

Photo Stream only keeps photos for 1 month, and if your device is stolen, then your Camera Roll is gone.

Please post back with more information.

Thanks,

GB

Jul 13, 2014 9:14 PM in response to gail from maine

Gail From Maine, You have provided me with so much info, oh how my heart is broken, looks like they maybe lost... It was an apple associate that advised me of this.. I have medical problems and just don't have the time to download the pics to the computer and I know its such a simple task and I guess I'm just gonna have to teach my 11 year old how to do it..I did check my setttings and the icloud with the photo stream is turned on. The reason I didnt have any storage is because I had so many pics on there, just couldn't bring myself to delete them, so when the apple associate advised me of this I was so excited. And thats what I was doing tonight, I was wanting to put them back on my phone and make sure they were on my icloud. So I checked my icloud and I dont have a single picture there 😟

And my phone does automatic back ups at 3am everyday.. Thank you for being so kind and trying to help me, you are so very sweet :/

Jul 13, 2014 9:24 PM in response to Twinni

Hi Twinni,

If your device is doing automatic backups to iCloud every day, then you should be able to restore your photos from the last backup you did. Follow the instructions in the support article below for "Restore from iCloud Backup":

RESTORE FROM ICLOUD BACKUP

Just try to do the Restore - do not do another backup before restoring. Before doing the restore, make sure you have a backup from before you deleted the photos by going to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup, and scroll to the bottom of the screen to make sure you have a recent backup. Then follow the instructions to do the Restore from Backup.

Once you have restored your device from your iCloud backup, import your Camera Roll photos as follows:

PHOTO IMPORT IOS TO MAC/PC

Post back if you have questions.

Cheers,

GB

Please Help, I've lost my pics of my precious kids :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.