Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini Retina Display Intense Flickering Issue

Hi all, I've got an iPad Mini Retina 16 Gb iOS 7.1.2, I purchased at end of November 2013. Beginning yesterday, I had two incidents several hours apart where the display would suddenly start flickering like an old black and white TV set. First time it occurred I thought it may be an app issue/incompatibility as I had just downloaded an app from the App store. I couldn't do anything with the device, so I held the on/off button down to do a hard shut down, I couldn't actually see the swipe bar to shut down but I swiped where it usually is and then shut the thing down. It was fine when I turned back on, so I just chalked it up to a one-time anomaly. About 3-4 hours later the same thing happened completely out of the blue. Did the same thing, intense gray scale flickering like an old b/w TV. Did a hard shut down again then turned back on and it was fine. Well it just happened again today which means the display flicker issue has now happened 3 times in the last 24 hours. I even took a photo of the display flicker with my iPhone so I'd have something to show someone at the Genius Bar.

Anyone else hear of this issue? If so, anyone know what causes it? I've resigned myself to a Genius Bar appt in the next day or two which hopefully means a quick swap with a replacement device. Input appreciated!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:48 PM

There are no replies.

iPad Mini Retina Display Intense Flickering Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.