Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5 iOS 7.1.2 has recently stopped receiving or sending emails. message "Cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed"?

My iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2 has recently stopped sending and receiving emails. I was getting a message to enter the passwaord for the Account account"(null)". Now I just get a message that The connection to the server failed. Help!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:25 PM

1 reply

Jul 16, 2014 7:11 PM in response to Taffy12gwen

I had the exact same problem for the last two days. I deleted my account on my iPhone, but it would still say the user/password were incorrect and the server connection failed when trying to add it back. I tried to log on through the browser but I would get the same error message. I clicked on "I forgot my password" and reset it to the exact same password I already had. This allowed me into my email. I was then able to successfully add the email account back to my phone.

my iphone 5 iOS 7.1.2 has recently stopped receiving or sending emails. message "Cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.