Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not available after upgrading to Mavericks

I recently upgrades my iMac to Mavericks. I also upgrades my iPhoto to 9.5.1. However when I click on the icon it gives the following caution:

"The iPhoto library is on a locked volume. Reopen iPhoto when you have read/write access, or reopen iPhoto with the Option key held down to choose another library."

I have tried the Option key while opening iPhoto, but get the same caution. I have tried opening from the iPhoto library disk image and get the same message. I have gone to Disk Utility and clicked on verify disk and it said all was OK. The button for Verify disc permissions was grayed out and not available.

What else can i do to get iPhoto to work for me?

Thanks....

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:30 PM

4 replies

Jul 14, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Yer_Man

I don't understand what you mean by drag IT off the disk image. The iPhoto library disk image is on Bootcamp because my computer is partitioned and I do not have enough space on the other side of the hard drive for pictures, so it is now on the Bootcamp side. I can't drag anything to the picture folder, there isn't enough space. Before the upgrades, everything worked fine as it was. So again....I don't know what to drag to where....

thanks...

Jul 14, 2014 11:31 AM in response to jumpinforjoy

MAJOR error in over filling your HD and keeping your iPhoto library in a Boot Camp partition. Get yourself an EHD and move large libraries such as your photos, music and movies to it. This is extremely simply to do, simply get an EHD, format it for the Mac (Mac OS Extended (Journaled)) and then drag and dop the libraries to the new EHD. Then to launch each app for the first time after moving the library double click it on the EHD and the app will "remember" where the library is located.

iphoto not available after upgrading to Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.