Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a glitch with my iPhone 5c?

In April, I got my iPhone 5c as an upgrade from my 4, which was slowly breaking since I had it for two years. It was going great until I dropped it in the beginning of June. Luckily enough, there was an iphone repair store around the corner from me and they replaced my screen glass. I heard from a friend who also had a problem with the 5c that they did good work for reasonable pricing. After I picked my phone up after fixing, I noticed it was a bit heavier but didn't pay much attention to it because everything was fine. A few weeks ago I noticed screen glitches becoming more common. When I first unlock the phone, then use it for a few mins, the texts looks disorted, almost as if it's running down the phone because it looks like little lines. After I'm on it for a good minute, it blinks and lights up and it's back to normal. It happens half of the time after locking it and reusing it. I also noticed that the top banner has recently showing up when I click a picture on Facebook and is transparent through the top of the screen next to the "Done" button (those who use facebook know what I mean by that). I just noticed it was the same way in Instagram. Does anyone know what is causing this and what may a possible solution? It's not effecting my usage, but it's annoying and I hope it won't cause a shut down all together.

PS: the phone may still be under warranty from the place I fixed the screen, I just want to be able to know what I'm talking about if I have to go in again.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:30 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:21 PM in response to jeanniemcguire

jeanniemcguire wrote:

I heard from a friend who also had a problem with the 5c that they did good work for reasonable pricing.

Did you use an Authorized Apple Service Provider to repair your iPhone? Your comment above makes me think you did not.

In the future, make sure you bring your damaged Apple goods to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Provider for repair.

I have a glitch with my iPhone 5c?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.