Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod not starting song at the start

I have 1 song out of roughly 1300 that my iPod will not start at the beginning of the the song. The timer at the top says it's the first second of the song and if i allow the song to play then restart it, it will then start at the proper beginning of the song. Sometimes it doesn't play at all and my iPod just freezes for about ten seconds and then skips the song. The song works fine in iTunes and literally no other song is affected in the same way.

Other info: I have tried deleting the song from my library and then re-downloading it from the store and this did not work. I've backed up my music library and then did a factory reset on my iPod then re synced it and that did not work. I have simply unchecked the song and then re synced it and that did not work. The start time for the song shows 0:00 in iTunes and remember playback position is not checked either. I had a 3rd Gen iPod touch.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:04 PM

2 replies

iPod not starting song at the start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.