Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wow Itunes 11 *****. What were they thinking? How do I load songs into it?

It is mind boggling how back Itunes has become. I've been working for 30 years with computers and I cannot use that software. Once I get it to install correctly (if it ever does), how do I get my songs into the library. I used be able to select whole disk folders at a time and it would load them all. Now it seems I can only load them a song at a time...say it ain't so. I have thousands of songs.

Ah, I said, I know what I'll do, I'll connect my Ipod touch and load the library from there. I did this before I attempted to update to 11.3. When I connected my ipod and tried to get ITunes to sync the with the library on the ipod all it would do is ask me if I wanted to delete everything on my Ipod....NO! I want to copy the IPod library in to Itunes on the PC. Since when does sync mean only in one direction. Blocked.

Install of 11.3 failed....blocked.

I bought my wife a new ipod nano 7g (wonder if I can get my money back). Guess what? can't load songs onto it from my Macbook cause I'm running OSX 10.5.8 and it requires a later version of Itunes that won't run on my mac. Blocked. Have to look at updating to OSX 10.6.8 which I don't have a lot of confidence in given the way apple has mucked things up so badly with other thing (e.g., changing connector to lightning, Itunes, etc.). That's why I'm trying to use windows. But alas....blocked.

Apple Soft has gone mad. No better and maybe worse than Microsoft and Google Soft.

Can you tell I'm frustrated at having to wrestle constantly with this stuff.

Any hope someone can help.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 10:31 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 2:05 AM in response to myfathersson

Enable the menu bar with Ctrl+B. From here you can use File > Add Folder to Library.

Enable the side bar with Ctrl+S. Makes navigating the library easier.

iTunes has always had a limited sync feature, media syncs to the device, ratings, play counts and purchases can sync in either direction. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

For general advice installing/updating iTunes see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Wow Itunes 11 *****. What were they thinking? How do I load songs into it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.